Preparing for an exam
What types of exams are there and what do we know about them?
- Matching - first, read all the answers carefully and match the right answer with the right question.
- Fill in the blank - read the entire question carefully and figure out what goes in the blank.
- Essay - always plan your ideas on scratch paper, make a diagram or an outline; then, when you finished with the plan start writing, but remember to check your punctuation and spelling as well.
- Multiple choice - read the question thoroughly and remember to look at each answer from all possible sides and eliminate the ones which do not match.
- Open ended questions - never formulate your answer using sentence fragments; always express your answers in short, clear and complete sentences.
What do you do before an examination ?
- Firstly, make sure you understand correctly witch topics will be tested.
- Secondly, secure the right textbook, or notes which you will be needing for revision.
- Take a calendar and plan your study sessions carefully; study each topic at least twice to be sure and confident of yourself.
- During the day before the exam review on fast-forward the main chapters which you have studied.
- If this was an important test, test yourself or have somebody test you, so you assess your level of readiness; if your knowledge appears to be weaker in some areas, review those parts.
- The night before the exam, do not stay up late watching tv or playing on your computer, because it will gradually erase your thoughts and objectives for your exam; all this junk will start occupying your brain and it will start throwing out all the notes on the exam; go to bed early and get a good sleep!
What do you do after the exam?
- Generally, after hard intellectual work, the best thing to do is to engage in your favorite sport activity; unexpectedly , this is not going to add to your fatigue, it will help you recover faster; and again, never forget, a good night sleep cannot be replaced by anything.
- When you receive your grade, always ponder what you have done right and where you need to improve; for example, if in math all your procedures were good, but you've made a few calculation errors, make sure next time you check your calculations (then, you will be forewarned that's one of your weak points).
Need an essay? You can buy essay help from us today!