Conduct research on credit crunch
Conduct research on credit crunch
The main way to perform market research through the internet potentially offers researchers many advantages such as easy access to world-wide samples, low administration costs (both financially and temporally) and it is unobtrusive and friendly to respondents. Moreover, response rates to e-mail questionnaires appear favourable as does the ease of distribution and response times. Technology-based tools, such as the Internet, can provide benefits at each stage of the market research process. For example, the full-time accessibility of the Internet facilitates effective communication between market research organisations and survey panels or focus groups, participation can be maximised, and the time required to complete research can be minimised. By increasing accessibility, greater efficiency can be brought too many market research programs. As In case of recent research on credit crunch web sites such as Wikipedia and other government web sites generally can be categorised into four basic task areas: survey and focus group design, recruitment of subjects, data collection, and data analysis.
There are many advantages of using the Internet / e-mail as a research tool on credit crunch. In particular electronic communication sets up a 'democratisation of exchange' that eludes more conventional research methodologies. As Boshier argues internet appears to provide a context for the kind of non-coercive and anti-hierarchical dialogue that Habermas claimed constitutes an 'ideal speech situation', free of internal or external coercion, and characterised by equality of opportunity and reciprocity in roles assumed by participants (Boshier 2009, p. 51) In this way web sites such as Wikipedia goes some way to transcending the traditional biases that beset interviewing techniques. As Lacker (2008) argues, the concepts of race, gender, age and sexuality do not necessarily apply when communicating electronically. Furthermore, the potential for asynchronous communication that sites like Wikipedia offers is attractive feature when considering its use as a research tool especially for credit crunch (Robert 2008). In short, internet primary advantage is its 'friendliness' to the respondent.
Another advantage of using the Internet web sites to collect research data is that certain problems can be controlled more effectively by Internet-based systems than with conventional paper-based survey methods. For example, respondents to Internet-based surveys are allowed to select only from the given responses to each question. Survey participants cannot write in another answer or select more than one answer. Furthermore, respondents are not able to skip ahead (as is possible with a printed survey). (Athreya et al 2008) Use of an Internet-based format yields surveys that are more complete and eliminates biases that can develop if participants are able to look ahead at question topics. On the negative side, sources like Wikipedia or generated by certain individuals and the authenticity of research become a question mark at the end. Other governmental site shows their version of research that may cause a bias or lack of authenticity when it comes to credit crunch. In other words governmental sites support their policies and can not be used as source of authentic research.
- Boshier, R. (2009) 'Socio-psychological Factors in Electronic Networking' International Journal of Lifelong Education, 18, 1, pp. 49-64.
- Lacker, J. M. (2008) "Remarks to the European Economics and Financial Centre." London (5 June).
- Athreya, K.; Tam, X. S.; and Young, E. R. (2008) "A Quantitative Theory of Information and Unsecured Debt." Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond Working Paper, No. 08-06 (October).Bagehot, W. (1873) Lombard Street. London: Harry S. King.
- Robert J. 2008. The Subprime Solution: Hozo Today's Global Financial Crisis Happened, and What to Do about It. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.Shin, Hyun Song.
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have the essay published on the UK Essays website then please click on the link below to request removal:
More from UK Essays
- Free Essays Index - Return to the FREE Essays Index
- More English Language Essays - More Free English Language Essays (submitted by students)
- English Language Essay Writing Service -find out more about how we can help you
- Example English Language Essays - See examples of English Language Essays (written by our in-house experts)