Workplace fairness is a public education and advocacy organizational founded in 1994 as the National Employee Rights Institute.
Workplace fairness states its mission as follows:
“ Our goals are that workers and their advocates are educated about workplace rights and options for resolving workplace problems and that the policy makers, members of the business community and the public at large view the fair treatment of workers as both business practice and sound public policy.”
Workplace Fairness is a nonprofit organization, that helps in providing a information, education and assistance to employees and workers and promotes public policies that advance employee rights.
Workplace Fairness works towards the following goals and objectives:
- Providing information about worker's rights and power.
- Legal jargons available for workers and to advocates and organization that assist workers.
- Provide resources to support to support work of legal services organizations.
- Provide legal information and service to low income employees.
- Presenting the employee perspective in publications, public discussion and policy debates.
Issues At Workplace
- Jobs: Jobs is one of the major issue at workplace. Many Blue and White collar employees have left their families in search of jobs and they are never coming back to their respective places. Moreover, unemployment is very high and the statistics do not adequately reflect discouraged and severely underemployed workers who struggle just to get by. Organizations having a sufficient work and financial resources to create new job opportunities are not doing so, rather than hiring new employees, they are expecting existing employees to do a work of two or more employees.
We can help you to write your essay!
Thus, Workplace Fairness support policies that helps to stem the of jobs, such as tax incentives to keep jobs , restrictions in government law that limit outsourcing, and union contracts that maintain minimum staffing levels.
- Income : The income gap between corporate executives and the average employee is increasing at faster rate. Corporate profits and executive salaries are increasing while employees are having difficulty just making ends meets. Millions of employee has to work two or even three part time jobs to paid their bills. Many of the jobs being created today lack benefits and long term job security.
Workplace Fairness demands immediate action from organization to prevent the above gap between corporate executive and average workers. It is essential to immediately raise the minimum salary to a level which will lift employees standard of living of employees.
- Health Care: In response to dramatic increases in healthcare costs, employers are reducing benefits for workers and their families, or shifting costs to employees through increased employee contributions, co-pays and deductibles. Some employers have been forced to eliminate benefits entirely, leaving workers and their families without coverage. Some employees may never recover from the financial devastation of a major injury or illness.
The absence of adequate health care, whether provided by employers or the government, places a heavy financial load on the backs of employees. Because of this, adequate health care for workers and their families, whether provided by employers, the government, or a combined employer-government approach, is a vitally important goal of Workplace Fairness.
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have the essay published on the UK Essays website then please click on the link below to request removal: