role of a consultant construction health and safety advisor
- You have been appointed by a client (who is not familiar with the construction industry, or his/her legal responsibilities.
- You have been appointed to act in the role of a consultant Construction Health and Safety advisor and will need to prepare a report which highlights various information:-
- Introduction to the report highlighting health and safety law, applicable to his proposed scheme and initially your early comments including why you have visited site, (following what legislative guidance, and what you have discovered).
- Throughout the report you will need to make relevant appointments (consultants) you should look to either describe or produce a table of when these appointments should be made, their relevance, and under what legislation.
- Additionally throughout the report you should aim to identify legislative requirements of the client. I.e. Under contractual law the client must make payments within a certain timeframe. Under health and safety law, the client must >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
- The client is additionally asking you to work with the contractor under a design and build contract to construct an Olympic size swimming pool. This will create numerous challenges for the contractor, and he will need to supply certain documentation to the client from the pre-start through to completion of the project. You are requested to identify what health and safety documentation should be created by the contractor, and again advise the client of his legal responsibilities. Additionally when handing over the project the contractor must again provide suitable documentation and training to the client. You are again requested to identify and describe the relevance of this documentation and identify what should be forth coming.
- Finally before the client opens the swimming pool he will again need to ensure certain documentation under Health band Safety law is in place. You are therefore asked to identify some of the key operational H&S documentation the client must put in place.
The report should therefore include
- Introduction describing what the report will cover (its aims, objectives, and purpose) and assumptions you have made.
- Pre-contract /site activities - overview of legislation to be considered. And documentation to be forwarded under H&S law.
- Throughout the report key appointments
- Throughout the report the client's role and responsibilities under legislation and what the legislation says.
- Pre- site activities with the contractor including a review of what the contractor will supply under H&S guidance.
- Consideration of the legal documentation again to be provided by consultants and the contractor at hand-over stage
- Legislation that will affect the client when opening up the swimming pool, or how he may discharge his duties
- Conclusions relating to your findings, including key considerations, and relevant legislation that the client must follow.
- References, bibliography and filed out documentation that would need to be submitted to relevant parties under Health and Safety law.
This may include risk assessments, findings from the site visit etc.
I hope this will assist you in completion of your assignment
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have the essay published on the UK Essays website then please click on the link below to request removal: