Read the Oxbridge Essays review
As carried out by a Chartered Legal Executive
Trust and transparency
- They accept visitors to an address in London by appointment.
- Their company registration number, VAT number and address is included in the footer on their Oxbridge Essays site but (at time of writing) not on their umbrella TORG site.
- They have had some press mentions but use logos from major newspapers without permission (those publications have confirmed with us in the past that they will not authorise the use of their logos in association with our industry).
- Oxbridge is owned and operated by the Malamatinas family (verifiable at Companies House), one of whom (Stratos) was a former writer for our company. There is no information about their founders or team on their website.
- Oxbridge Research Group is a registered data controller (no. Z1315188) and assures customers of confidentiality on its website and in its terms.
Originality and quality of work
- Oxbridge state that their work is 100% plagiarism free and that they use anti plagiarism software to check this. They offer your money back if you find plagiarism.
- Oxbridge "guarantee that you will receive the grade you order (1st Class, 2:1, 2:2)" or they say they will give 100% of the money back.
- Oxbridge Essays market themselves as offering work 'expertly written by Oxbridge Academics'. Recruitment is through 'Academic Minds' (http://www.academicminds.co.uk/apply). However, we (UKEssays.com) can show that they do not only take experts that are Oxbridge qualified. Two of our internal staff applied and were accepted to Oxbridge - neither have Oxbridge qualifications.
- Poor pre-sales customer service.
- Poor post-sales customer service due to non delivery of requested amendments and no help provided for locating sources.
- Oxbridge Essays guarantees never to re-sell, re-publish, or re-distribute, either for sale or otherwise, any written material supplied to the client. Further, they state that they will never knowingly put any essay supplied to the client on any website or database.
Value for money
- Oxbridge Essays charge £120 / 1,000 words / undergraduate 2:1 essay. Researcher fees account for between 33% and 40% of this amount. They are at an acceptable level for the industry and if the customer got what they wanted, these would represent good value for money.
Speed of service
- They do not guarantee delivery of orders on time as such. Their terms state "The Oxbridge Research Group Ltd. accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any consequences of the late delivery of its services".
- Our test order was delivered on time. Oxbridge offer a 10 day unlimited alterations period. But on requesting amendments it took 5 days for the researcher to accept the request and the amendments were never delivered, despite chasing.