Human Rights Essay Questions
We have prepared a list of example human rights essay questions below to give you ideas for your own essay question. If you are looking for an essay written on a specific question or want to look at example essays that have been written by other students then take a look at the options in the box below:
Need an essay writing to answer a specific question?
Our professional essay writers are here to help you with your essay question. You can find out more about our Essay Writing Service here:
Search for example essays matching your essay question
- Advise Tom, Dick and Harry as to their rights.
- Bringing a complaint before the UN Human Rights Committee
- Critically assess whether the European Unions Charter of Fundamental Rights is a necessary and desirable development.
- Critically assess whether this statement is accurate in light of recent developments in English law.
- Does the prevailing paradigm of equality in human rights law respond to both direct and indirect discrimination against vulnerable communities?
- To what extent are courts prepared to exclude evidence obtained improperly during the course of police interviews?
- What is the meaning of torture?
- Essay on how people use religion to violate human rights.
- A person commits an offence if he enters into or become concerned in an arrangement which facilitates the retention or control by or on behalf of another person of terrorist property.
- Are human rights, since 9/11 and the "war on terror" a luxury we can no longer afford, or rights that must always remain a fundamental part of democratic politics, in order to determine the boundary between individual freedom and government tyranny?
- Child soldiers in Africa.
- Critically evaluate the role and impact of human rights cases and legislation on the civil justice system.
- Critically examine the claim that the logic of human rights does not accommodate the concerns and aspirations of groups that have suffered historical injustices.
- Explain and comment on the modern development of the law and practice concerning stop and search, particularly in relation to its impact on human rights and civil liberties.
- Is torture permissible when there is a ticking bomb?
- Please analyse the human rights issues raised, with reference to relevant international human rights standards.
- Should prisoners have the right to vote?
- To what extent does the Terrorism Act 2006 respond to criticisms that previous anti terror powers circumvented court processes thereby weakening an individuals legal protection and recourse?
- What articles of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights can the petitioners allege as the basis of their complaint?
- Please provide examples of relevant jurisprudence/case law of the Human Rights Committee.
- With reference to one of the articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, evaluate its significance for current debates about the role of religion in society.
- Write a review of human report of any country.
We have a range of Human Rights resources to help you with your studies: